Despite the fact that today, there are a huge number of wellness programs, various diets and weight loss drugs; the problem of excess weight is still relevant for many people.
Every obese person has his own reasons for losing weight, but the most important of them are desire to look good and take care of the health.
However, loss of extra pounds may often lead to adverse consequences, especially if weight loss occurs rapidly.
According to weight loss experts, drastic weight changes represent a serious stress to the body and, in most cases; a person finds it very difficult to keep the achieved weight and not to gain extra kilograms again after drastic weight loss.
It should be noted that there are many factors promoting weight gain. Yet, the main among them are overeating, low physical activity and bad eating habits that the person acquires in childhood.
Many obese people prefer to blame inherited metabolic disorders in their obesity.
However, as shown by recent studies, genetic conditions that result in metabolism problems make up only a small percentage of the total number of causes contributing to obesity.
It turns out that in most cases, it is sufficient to change bad eating habits and start to lead an active life for effective weight loss. To achieve a sustained weight loss, perseverance, patience and time, as well as compliance with tips that contribute to long-term weight loss can be required.
To date, weight loss experts developed many tips, following which, obese person will be able not only to lose weight for a long time, but also to achieve weight loss without harming the health.
The following 10 weight-loss tips will help an obese person to reduce his weight gradually, without causing much discomfort and stress.
- Never starve yourself. For full function, the body needs energy, which it gets from food. A sharp reduction of food amount may lead to the fact that the body will begin to resist weight loss, will slow down metabolic processes and will start to accumulate energy in store.
- Refuse from sugary drinks. Increased sugar content in carbonated drinks leads to hyperglycemia and promotes obesity development. Drink more still mineral water or low-fat milk.
- Try to eat at home more frequently. Food cooked at home is usually more nutritious and you can watch its calories. If you eat out, thoroughly choose restaurants and public catering.
- Pay attention to the size of your portion and try to gradually reduce it. Do not eat in front of the TV or computer; this leads to overeating.
- Avoid snacking. Try to get regular meals. Regular meals contribute to better digestion and absorption of food, and do not give the body to store fat for future use.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. They supply the body with the necessary amount of vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Do not skip main meals, especially breakfast. Skipping one or several meals leads to increased feeling of hunger and overeating.
- Eat slowly in a calm atmosphere. Signal about saturation does not come immediately; it usually takes about 20 minutes. Therefore, in order not to overeat, chew food well and get up from the table with a slight feeling of hunger.
- Correctly choose diet. Remember, nutrition should be balanced and contain all necessary nutrients. Avoid eating fatty food, too salty or spicy foods that may cause increase in appetite and overeating.
- Get moving. If you have no possibility to go to fitness, choose walking or biking. Use stairs instead of elevator, move more. Physical loads will help not only to burn calories, but also to increase mood and improve the health.
The main thing, stimulate and accustom your child to lead an active lifestyle, adhere to the above-mentioned tips with him, they will help to effectively lose weight without harm to the health.